Saturday, November 19, 2011

Help! Mother of my child referred to herself as an "alkie" on a myspace bulletin...?

My ex (never married) likes to fill out myspace surveys and them post them as a bulletin (so all her "friends" can see). She has always talked about drinking, but this most recent survey was all about drinking. It asked the question "Who will be the first to repost this?" And she answered "Don't know, another alkie maybe " We have been having issues and I honestly think she ignores my daughter and puts me down in front of my daughter (I live 3000 miles away). I am thinking about going for full custody, but am on a limited budget. I don't have much other solid proof about her mother talking bad about me other than hearsay, but it really bothers me that her mother drinks so much. What can I do??? I'm on my wife's name right now, so I am a man. Please help !

Help! Mother of my child referred to herself as an "alkie" on a myspace bulletin...?
I would say that if you have concerns about the way your child is being raised, your first step should be to ask your child what it's like living with her mother. I don't know how old your child is, but if you have concerns then you need to listen to your gut feeling on this issue. There is no money related issue here. It's all about the well being of the child. I would much rather see a child raised in low income, being well loved than in a loveless, rich household. Do the right thing and investigate this. Your child's well being maybe at stake here.





Realize that since you are on your wife's account asking this question she will see it and will know you have big concerns with this.
Reply:Okay, you need to separate a few issues here:


1. Your ex's drinking


2. Your daughter's welfare


3. Your feelings about the ex possibly putting you down. [I realise this can harm your daughter emotionally.]





Of these, obviously the most important is your daughter's welfare. You have very little EVIDENCE to base your suspicions on, apart from a possibly joky, casual reference on a website.





I have to wonder why you moved so far away if you were so concerned about your daughter. Never mind, you will have to part with some cash if you want to do anything serious about getting custody of your daughter.





For a start, get your own avatar ~ it is seriously confusing ~ I thought you must be a lesbian at first.


No comments:

Post a Comment